The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) requires Pennsylvania to ensure that the total number of students assessed in each subject using the Pennsylvania Alternate System of Assessment (PASA) does not exceed one percent of the total number of all students in the state assessed on the statewide assessments.
Each local educational agency (LEA) must complete and submit the PASA 1.0 Percent Participation Threshold Justification to the Bureau of Special Education (BSE) if it anticipates that more than 1.0 % of its students enrolled in grades 3- 8 and 11 will be assessed using the PASA. A list of LEAs who anticipate exceeding the threshold will be made publicly available on the PDE website, in accordance with 34 CFR 200.6 (c)(3) regulations. LEAs must also make the document publicly available upon request, removing any personally identifiable information.
The Central Fulton School District anticipates exceeding the 1.0 percent threshold for PASA participation for the 2019-20 testing cycle. The necessary justification information has been submitted to the Bureau of Special Education. Questions on the Central Fulton School District participation rates should be directed to Dr. Janet Foor, Director of Student Services: 717-485-7060 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Fulton School District offers a full continuum of supports and services to students in need of gifted education and/or special education.
Meet our staff:
- Annette Barnett-Administrative Assistant
- Joyce Fowler-Speech & Language Therapist
- Dayton Tweedy-Middle & High School Learning Support
- Terri Rader-Middle School Emotional Support & Learning Support
- Susie Hahn-Middle & High School Learning Support
- Heather Walker-Strait-Middle & High School Life Skills Support
- Timothy McCracken-High School Emotional Support & Learning Support
- Dave Gourley-Elementary Learning Support
- Bailey Elbin-Elementary Learning Support
- Candace Bard-Elementary Life Skills Support
- Angel Knepper-Elementary Emotional Support
- Gabrielle McGarvey-Autistic Support
- Stephanie Beckner-Middle & High School Gifted Support
- Amy Conner-Elementary Gifted Support
Special Education Plan 2019-2022-posted for public review 3/25/19
Annual Public Notice - posted 6/16/2020
Resources for parents
Parents-Informed. Involved. Inspired.
Videos for Parents
You must provide your contact information at each link below in order to view each video.
Introduction to Procedural Safeguards
Kelly Zurybida, TIU Educational Consultant
Understanding the Function of Behavior
Kim Bennet – TIU Educational Consultant
ABA approach to working with students with Autism